Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Humbling experience today


I work at the Toquerville City Offices, and it's typical for people who come in to look at me and ask when the baby's due. I was feeling particularly heavy today when a woman on her way out asked and I replied "not soon enough!" She looked at me significantly and said "well, at least you can have children." Oy. Open mouth, insert foot. I felt so stupid. She's completely right. This pregnancy really hasn't been that bad, for all of my complaining. Sure, I've had my fair share of sickness, but I can endure this short time of discomfort for the eternity of joy we'll receive because of it. I mean, we get a BABY for crying out loud (no pun intended)! I can't believe how blessed we are and how much faith Heavenly Father has in us to entrust us with one of his precious little spirits. I'm so very grateful for this chance to carry Louise and be her mommy.

And yes. I did just google "cute babies" and use the cutest one I could find. It's the best I can do for the next few weeks until I have my own cute baby.

3 comments:

  1. I never know what to say to a fellow girl when I find out she is unable to conceive. I just feel sorrow for her, and hope that she may someday find joy through adoption.
    You have a very good point! I'll have to remember that throughout every miserable pregnancy. Good luck these next few weeks! May you be able to take lots of long warm baths, and find the perfect pillow to keep between your knees at night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last few weeks are hard but just try to think of it this way...you've got your baby all to yourself right now, you are connected in every way & can feel every movement, but in a few weeks you are going to have to share your sweet baby girl with everyone...I was actually a little sad after I had Bridger because I didn't want to share him! lol. :) Good luck these last few weeks, you two are going to be amazing parents!! (I hope you aren't too uncomfortable...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Love. I love you so much. I'm so excited for you to get to actually hold and smile at Louise! It's been a long, hard pregnancy! And yes, your hair will probably go curly again. Mine went pretty straight during both pregnancies, it's gone curlier during some I've lost... It's just weird. But if it can change now, it will probably change again.

    ReplyDelete